Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jumping meat

Just recently a friend told me that if I want to save the world I have to choose the right meat. Of course, it is much better not to eat meat at all, but that's not what this story is about.

I choose to have meat and fish in my diet and thus it is very impotant to know what exactly to choose. It is a bit sad to eat fis,h as our oceans are almost empty due to overfishing. Gulf of Mexico is also empty now. The oil spill has killed fish that used to be almost a half of those served on dinner tables in the States.
Chicken are kept in terrible conditions and fed with food that makes them grow fat too fast so they can't even walk, because legs don't have enough time to develop. Lambs are not let out to skip in the meadows, but kept in cages where theey cant even move, just to have their meat more tender. Prok and beef look suspicious and every time i'm measuring my ecological footprint, meat makes it huge. So now we come back to my friend who know what to do apart from becoming a vegetarian.

The best meat in ecological and animal protection terms is the kangaroo meat. These animals are currently grown in farms where they can jump freely, rest in mums pouche and jump again. Nobady has discovered a cage for a kangaroo YET.
 





I have decided to eat kangaroo meat as often as possible. That is a game meat and has to be well prepared. It has a strong taste and remionds of a deer meat. The prices of kangaroo filets are lower than of soft beef. And if you ever visit me, I can guarantee a kangaroo sausages (kanga bangas) on BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment